Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Dr. Kara Arnold, Dr. Jennifer Rohleder, and the entire team at Highland Smiles want your dental appointment to be a comfortable one. Part of that means understanding the treatment you and your family will receive. We are happy to take the time to share our knowledge with our patients when it comes to their treatment, and we enjoy taking the time to educate them. We want our patients to make good decisions about the different treatments available; we also want them armed with the latest in proper oral health maintenance. We make sure your appointment includes plenty of time for discussion, so you will never feel rushed in our office. Don’t hesitate to voice any concerns you might have!
We hear quite a few questions regularly, and we’ve included a list of them here. If your question is not answered in this list, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us to ask. If it is an important question to you, it’s an important question to us—and we are happy to take the time to answer it. You should never feel uncertain about treatment options. Dr. Arnold and Dr. Rohleder will take whatever time is needed to answer your questions thoroughly so you feel good about moving forward with treatment.
- Why should I have my cavity fixed if it doesn’t hurt?
- How often should I brush and floss?
- How often should my child brush and floss?
- When should my child first come to the dentist?
- What types of whitening do you offer?
- How often should I visit the dentist?
- Is fluoride really necessary?
- What is a cavity?
- I’m nervous about my treatment. How can you help me?
- How do I care for a temporary crown?
- What is a single-visit ceramic restoration?
- How can a laser help my periodontal disease?
- What can I do to stop grinding my teeth?
- What do I do in these emergency situations?
- How can I best care for my veneers?
- How does CEREC technology work?
- Why do I need a bite guard?